It’d be nice to think life is always easy.
Nice but unrealistic.
However, that doesn’t mean you have to take it lying down…
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!*
Photograph – Fort Wayne Daisies player, Marie Wegman, of the All American Girls Professional Baseball League arguing with umpire Norris Ward : Opalocka, FloridaDate: Photographed on April 22, 1948. Series Title: (Department of Commerce collection.)General Note: Accompanying note: “Umpire-Player Argument: For all the head-to-head ‘ferocity’ player Marie Wegman, 22, Cincinnati, Ohio, meekly asks umpire Norris Ward, ‘sure you’re right about that play?’ Wegman is 6’2”. She plays infield and 2nd base for Ft. Wayne, last year played for Rockford club.”Repository: State Library and Archives of Florida, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250 USA. Contact: 850-245-6700
Persistent URL: www.floridamemory.com/items/show/56235
- Ever have one of those days?~ (cupcakesandtabletalk.wordpress.com)
- Troubles don’t live here (positivelybranded.wordpress.com)
- Liz Pichon’s top 10 funny books with pictures (guardian.co.uk)
- Dr. Seuss Meets Immigration Law (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Monday Motivation (mylifemystyles.wordpress.com)